We recently completed the first phase of a complete renovation of the synagogue building. We replaced the roof and reconstructed the fire escapes to ensure a safe and secure building well into the new century. We then renovated our main sanctuary. Here are some of the highlights:
- Removed an unattractive acoustical-tile ceiling and outdated lighting fixtures, revealing a soaring beamed ceiling which added 20 feet to the height of the sanctuary and greatly increased the space over the balcony seating.
- Removed light boxes and radiators which impinged on the worship space; insulated and rebuilt the walls.
- Replaced worn-out pews with beautiful cherry wood pews with high densit foam seat cushions. Refinished the floor and installed all new carpeting.
- Moved the heating and air conditioning ducts to the top of the walls and rebuilt the entire heating and cooling system,
ensuring a comfortable environment for all seasons.
- Lighting under balcony replaced by cool, efficient LED units for more even and pleasing illumination.
- Outdated lighting fixtures replaced by elegant custom brass chandeliers, in keeping with the new design; coordinating sconces on the walls.
- Sound system replaced and upgraded to ensure that services are clear and audible.
- Main staircases to sanctuary level and sanctuary vestibule were completely rebuild. New chair lift installed for easy access to sanctuary level.
- Two small entrance doors replaced with one large central door to ensure easy access to sanctuary.
- Reconfigured Bima area.
We are currently raising the funds to refixture the Bima and install a enlarged and redesigned Ark and wall behind the Bima. In a future stage of work we will renovate the Social Hall on the ground floor. Click here for information on our Capital Campaign.