Please join us for our monthly Musical Kabbalat Shabbat, led by our beloved Cantor Shiree Kidron. This month Cantor Kidron will be joined on the Bimah by three noted guest musicians: Zvi Klein on piano, Adam Fisher on cello and Ben Antelis on percussion. Serivce is followed by a festive reception. Serivce is free and open to all, but we request registration to make sure we have enough for all.
- To be known as the premier synagogue for those seeking a warm, friendly, unpretentious, yet intellectually and spiritually challenging expression of Judaism.
- To provide many opportunities for prayer, study of Torah, and acts of communal caring.
- To continue to broaden our congregation’s long standing historical diversity in the background, demography, sexual orientation, and levels of knowledge of our congregants, and through that diversity expand our openness, kindness, generosity of spirit, good-heartedness, and our hunger to learn and grow.
- To provide high quality programing and worship opportunity to benefit to the greater Manhattan community.
- To provide for all those who join our community new insights and a stronger connection to God, Torah, the people of Israel, and the State of Israel.
- To have strong relationships with other Jewish and interfaith organizations that share our values, through which we will both learn and teach, and give and receive assistance.
We are proud supporters of The Jewish Theological Seminary. We are also members of the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, and have an active Women's League Chapter of the National Women's League for Conservative Judaism.