Please join us on Friday, June 15th at 6:30 pm for our monthly Musical Kabbalat Shabbat, led by our beloved Cantor Shiree Kidron with world-class musical guests. This is our most popular monthly service, drawing members and guests from all over New York City.
Service is followed by a festive reception. Free and open to the public, but register beforehand here so we’ll have sufficient food and drink for all. And please consider a donation to support the wonderful musical programming at Or Olam!
Our Goals at Or Olam:
- To be known as the premier synagogue for those seeking a warm, friendly, unpretentious, yet intellectually and spiritually challenging expression of Judaism.
- To provide many opportunities for prayer, study of Torah, and acts of communal caring.
- To continue to broaden our congregation’s long standing historical diversity in the background, demography, sexual orientation, and levels of knowledge of our congregants, and through that diversity expand our openness, kindness, generosity of spirit, good-heartedness, and our hunger to learn and grow.
- To provide high quality programing and worship opportunity to benefit to the greater Manhattan community.
- To provide for all those who join our community new insights and a stronger connection to God, Torah, the people of Israel, and the State of Israel.
- To have strong relationships with other Jewish and interfaith organizations that share our values, through which we will both learn and teach, and give and receive assistance.
We are proud supporters of The Jewish Theological Seminary. We are also members of the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, and have an active Women's League Chapter of the National Women's League for Conservative Judaism.